Monday 26 September 2011

Pre production weekly reflection- week 2

During this week Sam and I have been working on our list of pre-production tasks and sorting out who will do which role. The tasks we had planned to do were divided between us and I was left with having to beachcomb, create a survey and analyse the results for audience research, gain a form of feedback which is visually interesting and hand it out or show people who are not a part of my class, shot list for our music video along with a production schedual and call sheets for filming. 

I created a survey and analysed the results and found what type of things our target audience would like to see in our final video. I found the results to be quite interesting because some answers were not expected such as the question revolving around what colour hair the artist would have, most people responded saying brunette when what we expected was ginger. Sam and I came to a crossroad where we had to decide whether to use a brunette or ginger haired person as our artist. Of course, Sam himself has ginger hair and we thought about using him as the artist due to the fact we would be able to comfortably rely on him.

At the moment we have not come across any problems, everything we have planned and mapped out has been running smoothly at the moment. For the main artist performance we have chosen sam and during his scenes I will take over the camera and film him. All this will require will be the both of us rather than three or four people. For our narrative we have chosen Talha Muharzi and Soraya Bazouaeii, this gives the video an interratial flair as Talha is a mixture of Kenyan and Arab and Soraya is from a Morroccan background. There is a third dimention to our video which will be the intrumental performance, however we have not finalized or decided who we want to use for this. We need to search for someone appropriate and find someone willing enough to help us.

One of my roles during this pre production stage is to gain feedback through a creative method, so I plan to film myself asking people to comment on the embedded video on facebook or if viewing directly from the streaming site, to leave a comment on youtube. I will make the video roughly a minute long, involving an interactive element and allowing me to do this easily all from the comfort of my room. It is not only easy for myself but also easier for other people as they are constantly on social networking sites. It also allows me to communicate the initial idea to people far and wide across the internet instead of restricting myself to school friends. I feel as though it will allow myself and sam to get real feedback, a little blunt criticism and advice from all types of teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment