Monday 14 November 2011

Production weekly reflection- week 9

During this week targets were not met as planned, we were unable to film on the 12th of November due to Sam's availability and the guitarist shots did not get covered because there has been lack of communication between Harry and I. Although I looked over footage which we can use for editing and the final product, Sam also created a rough template of the magazine advert. Unfortunately we are unable to create a final draft or template of our initial magazine advert and digipak plans because it all revolves around the graffiti wall shoot, which have not covered as of yet.

It caused a few difficulties when Sam explained how he was unable to film on the 12th of November, instead I began to do some research and started analysing another music video. I utilized my time by looking over my pre-production section and criticising it to understand where it is currently lacking. To improve my work I have planned to now add an analysis of a music video, a textural analysis of my own magazine advert and digipak plans/templates and a hand drawn coloured outcome of what our ancillary products should look like. Also, I have come to understand it is difficult to constantly watch video logs posted in my blog, so I shall be adding bullet points beneath them, for quick skimming purposes.

I aim to film with Harry during this week and get at least ten minutes worth of footage of him strumming a guitar. Sam also needs to find time to play the drums in the music department (we plan to do this in lesson time). The week was not as productive as we thought it would be, although individually I have been working on improving my blog over all. I plan to upload all the improvements and changes during this week, preferably by the 18th of Novemeber.
My aim for this following week is to begin editing and complete the final shots on the shooting script as it is beginning to get frustrating with out all the footage in our editing bin on Final Cut Pro, a software we will be using to edit our shots together. So far I have learnt how to upload footage directly from the HD camera on to the Mac, trim and cut clips together and add a few transitions and effects. I hope to gain more skills regarding Final Cut Pro during this week and then apply them to my work. I will be experimenting with the different tools and using them to create the planned effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment