Sunday 9 October 2011

Pre production weekly reflection- week 4


Once again, this week I was aiming to complete all the pre-production tasks for the deadline which was on Wednesday. However, due to complications such as our treatment getting deleted and difficulties in deciding what shots to use whilst creating our shot list we have been delayed and are currently working over the deadline. This is a minor set back which we are trying to over come, I have completed what I set myself this week, which was: Finishing the creative audience feedback through social networking, completing the research analysis and helping Sam finalise a rough sketch of what our ancillary products will look like in the form of a flat plan.


Whilst doing the creative feedback, I felt as though it wasn't as successful as I hoped it to be. The video I created received a few comments with basic feedback. After analysing the feedback and what I said in the recording, I now realise the information I gave to the viewer was very sparse and lacked depth as well as key information. My mistake was trying too hard to grab the audience attention instead of feeding them what they needed to know; I have learnt that it is better to refrain from making time consuming information outlets and keeping to traditional forms of questioning for qualitative feedback. The only positive aspect in my actions was how I had gotten replies from numerous sources of social networking rather than just one, this is not necessarily good, but it reflects that people over a wide range of networks are aware of the plans Sam and I have decided upon.


The only tasks we now have left to do are finishing the shot list and re-typing the treatment which blogger lost instead of saving. We were slightly disheartened by the obstacle of having to re-do the treatment, but due to the fact we have already done it and discussed everything, it wont be as time consuming this time. This will need to be done during our free time. We are in the process of completing out production schedule for the following few weeks so we have an agenda to follow every week along with set goals and targets. At the moment we are meeting a large number of our targets, although we have surpassed a deadline, concerning us in regards to filming time and post-production processes such as editing. 

The shot list is currently half complete, we have discussed and settled with 55 shots so far, and plan to have at least 80-100 shots by the end of Monday 10th of October. We have been noting the time frames during 'Monocle City' of the lyrics and the bars so we are aware of how to edit in future, making our post-production process slightly easier. To make filming slightly easier as well we have colour coded according to mise-en-scene so we can group shots and read the shooting script without having to flick through pages or shot numbers.

The video below demonstrates a few examples of shots myself and Sam felt were appropriate for the beginning of our music video. We were confused as to where we could film the 'office scenes' we had planned to use and before rejecting the idea we thought to use the media office which we do not have to transform to create the illusion of a work place as it already has the appearance we require. We were also lost in regards to which locations to have our artist based in. We came to a conclusion that the independent research I did of graffiti walls with in london would be appropriate. This resulted with the outcome of having the 'metal door' included in our final ancillary products to have a thread of consistency in all of our creations.


During our exploration of ideas and location, we also discussed the possibility of using a 'red balloon' in the video towards the end, as well as in our Magazine advert and Digipak. Once again, this would be done to present consistency to the target audience. The idea then lead us into creating the album name 'floating away' tightly tying in with the artists name and 'Balloon concept' representing light heartedness. 
Also, we asked 'Rajiv' whether if he would be able to be our guitarist and his response to this was "Keep looking for someone else, but don't rule me out either." Meaning we have him as a last resort option. For now after careful consideration and contemplating Sam and I have decided to use myself as the guitarist. This will be convenient as I will be reliable and I also have a personal guitar available to me at all times. The decision seems wise as we can film my 'guitarist shots' straight after Sam's performance shots in the same locations with out having to travel an excess amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment