Sunday 1 January 2012

Evaluation -Part one- Summary of the brief

The brief we were working towards was brief number one, a promotion package for the release of an album, to include a music promo video, together with two of the following three options. 

  • A website home page for the band x
Originally my research from the summer of 2011 I had found three different artists, from whom I chose to use 'The Jackie Boyz'. I created a pitch based on their style and what I thought would work well with their representation. I found the 'Jackie Boyz' on www.unsigned.com after hours of searching, I tried my best to find a mix of genres and decided to create a video and ancillary product for a Rn'B themed song. 

However after hearing Sam's pitch, about Balloon Ride Fantasy, and the song, Monocle City, I realised there would be a lot more potential in terms of narrative and editing. The initial ideas I had for "She's not perfect" by the JackieBoyz was very cliché and typical, where a girl would be insecure and bullied. Sam had a plot revolving around irony and heartbreak, not what is conventionally expected. I am glad I chose Sam's artist and song by the end of the pre-production and production and post-production stages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment