Sunday 25 December 2011

Production weekly reflection- week 12

This past week myself and Sam aimed and focused on finishing the music video and completing the majority of the digipak and magazine advert. This was the final week of the production stage where we needed to edit the final shots and complete the final designs. As usual Sam focused on creating the digipak and I made the final edits to our final music video


We both made the decision of reviewing each others progress, Sam pointed out the lip syncing was off at some points, which I agreed with but unfortunately time to film had run out and there was no way of re-shooting the parts where it wasn't in sync. The style of the video I was trying to create was a "dizzy effect". I felt this would be appropriate because it represents the feeling of being in and losing love. Sam and others who gave feedback immediately saw this representation when they reviewed the editing progress I had made. 


I had a look at Sam's progress with the digipak and magazine advert and suggested that he should change the pictures where the typography is, this was because it was difficult to read and hard to see both the picture and the text. So sam replaced the graffiti wall with screen shots of him looking out to the clear blue and green horizon in the forest to make the written text a lot clearer. 


I made the final few cuts and changes before sharing the video and exporting it to upload to youtube. There was a shot of Talha where he says "I love you", I allowed the shot to continue on for a second to show the empty space next to him, this was to represent as if he was saying "I love you" into an empty space and it wasn't being reciprocated by anyone. This of course was foreshadowing what happens later with in the video, the next shot after Talha was the imagery of Sam looking into the distance, I decided to flip this shot as there was a consistency of an empty space to the left hand side, to break this, I put Sam on the left.


This week my aim is to completely finish the music video for the deadline and help Sam complete the digipak and Magazine advert. This is our final week of production. 

No comments:

Post a Comment