Monday 12 December 2011

Production weekly reflection- week 11

This week I am confident in my editing as I now have all the footage I needed to use to piece together in a chronological order. It was a lot easier to edit as I understood where certain shots would fit best. Unfortunately I was unable to remain true to the original shooting script plans, this was due to a few miscalculation in timing. Although the changes in shots and plans worked well for the video, for example; we initally planned to edit to the word on the lyric "how do you feel when your babies are naked and cold", but later along in the video. I felt as though the pace was slowing down a little too much, so I added in another point where I edited to the sylabol. Doing this was extremely difficult and it had to be timed well, once I accomplished doing so, the rest of the video felt a lot faster.

This past week on Thursday the 24th of November I also completed shooting the intrumental shots with Rajiv's guitarist who kindly allowed me to film with him, allowing me to fill the empty gaps with in my work. Sam has been editing the digipak and magazine advert together parallel to myself editing the footage together, we had a consoltation during this week and he reviewed my progress as I reviewed his.

Working with this method allows us both to work efficiently as well as on schedual, provding an opportunity for both of our opinions to take part but still give us both freedom to edit in our own styles. Where I lack in photoshop skills, Same takes over and my knowledge of Final Cut Pro is useful as Sam is less experienced in using the software.

I suggested he switch the images of the graffiti wall and the clear blue sky shots, making it a lot easier to read the text, to which Sam agreed but didn't change just as of yet. Sam watched the two minutes of the video I have so far and stated that it was coming along well, he did not suggest any improvements but encouraged me to continue working in the style I have. At the moment I have a collection of two minutes worth of music video, by the end of this next week I will hopefully have three and a half minutes worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment